Release Date 1994
Hilary Swank as Julie Pierce
Directed by Christopher Cain
Written by Robert Mark Kamen, Mark Lee
Cast Pat Morita, Michael Ironside, Constance Towers
Genre Action, Comedy, Drama
Available at Region 1, Region 2, NTSC, PAL
During a commemoration for japanese soldiers fighting in the US Army during World War II Mr. Miyagi meets the widow of his commanding officer. He gets to know her granddaugther Julie, an angry teenager.
She is full of pain about the death of her parents during an accident and has lots of problems with her grandmother and her fellow pupils. So Mr. Miyagi decides to teach her Karate to bring her back on the right way.
Trivia & Facts
• The fight choreographers gave Hilary Swank a “pink belt” for her mastery of the most flashy techniques, but none of the basics.
• The music that Miyagi turns on when he is teaching Julie to dance is the same song that Johnny and Ali dance to at the country club in the original Karate Kid.
• Before Eric goes to the Port to fight, Julie is wearing the white dress and high heels that she wore to the dance. When she arrives at the Port during Eric’s fight, she is wearing a crop top, tight jeans and tennis shoes. It is unlikely that she would have stopped to change her clothes in such an emotionally charged situation.
• Revealing mistakes: During Julie’s fight with Ned that she doesn’t actually touch him when he goes down.
• Errors in geography: Angel is a Harris Hawk, a species native to the desert Southwestern US, not the Northeast.
• Currently no quotes.
View trailer in media players like Windows Media, Real Player and Quicktime.
The official movie site.
• Internet Movie Database
Additional cast and credits. Plot summary and more.